Thursday, July 17, 2008

The White Whale!

Listen! do you hear that? The sound of drip irrigation watering thirsty cacti and gray cloud sage? After about 2 weeks of work, mostly spent on changing sprinklers over to drip irrigation, but also including digging of holes and trenches, the front yard is finished. Jo and I spent an hour and a half shoveling rock on to the yard last night to add the finishing touches. In true Nevada style, all the neighbors came out, not because we were working, but because the sun was down and it was cool enough to come out. Common consensus is the neighborhood is happy to see someone own this house that cares enough to work in the yard and make it look nice. One of our neighbors even came over and helped us shovel for a while. So, because I know you all have little to no frame of reference for the front yard I present the following:

This is the front yard after digging the holes for new plants. The lack of grass has nothing to do with our yard work, there was no grass in the first place.

Now here is the yard, finished, with Cacti in the foreground and small sage plants in the background. Mucho better no?

We still have a bit of rock left to fill in the bald spots and then line the back wall of the back yard. Speaking of the back yard, look for an update sooner or later (probably later).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...ok. my bad. I should have read the blog BEFORE I left the myspace harassment. My bad. The yard looks wonderful! Great job, kids:)

Anonymous said...

I got the Grand Canyon picture my desktop on my own it looks great too. the front yard is really nice i like the clean look . Love Mom

Christel said...

I love it! And way to go Mr. and Mrs. Homeowner! :)

I'm not much for rock yards, but that is pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the backyard once it's done.