Thursday, January 14, 2010

Late! But worth the wait?

*Disclaimer: I fully realize that the Holiday Season is over and that this post should have been done weeks ago, but I had stuff to do (like finish watching all the seasons of ‘Friends’)!

Jo and I spend a majority of the winter break in Washington visiting my parents. We flew out on Christmas Eve and returned to Vegas on New Year’s Eve. We managed to keep ourselves busy while visiting the folks, what follows is a brief synopsis of the highlights:

Christmas Day

Mom made an excellent Prime Rib. Gifts were exchanged, including new WSU hoodies for both Jo and me (yes, that is grammatically correct…fyi). Wine was consumed, then rum. Cheesecake enjoyed.

Lake Quinault

Dad took Jo and me up to Lake Quinault to take some pictures and see the peninsula. Jo wrote a great piece on it for her travel blog. It was a beautiful day spent walking around the woods and the lake and enjoying each other’s company.

Zoo Lights

Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, in a well planned effort to increase zoo attendance in the winter, decks the entire zoo out with holiday lights for the masses to enjoy. So we enjoyed. It was pretty and pretty crowded. A good time was had by all.

Seattle Underground

Jo and I spent a day in Seattle. We went to my personal Mecca (the new Starbucks flagship store), Pike Place, and did the Seattle Underground tour. It was a fascinating bit of Seattle history that I was unfamiliar with. We had lunch at a cute little Greek restaurant and tooled around Pioneer Square for a while.

New Year’s Eve

We got home just before midnight. There is a bridge near our house that offers a great view of The Strip. We sat on the bridge and watched the fireworks. It was a nice way to cap off the year.

Here’s to hoping you and yours had a great Holiday and that this year brings you as much adventure and excitement as you can handle…maybe more.

-Cory

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thanks for the synopsis, Cory. The Seattle Underground Tour was one of the very first things I ever did there and I've never forgotten it. Seattle was QUITE the wild town in its early years! Glad you finally got a chance to do it.